In this day and age, our bodies are exposed to countless toxins every day... in the air we breathe, the food we eat, the clothes we wear (especially chemical-laden, new clothing), the medications we are prescribed, the personal care products many use on a daily basis and, of course, in the water we drink and bathe in. All of these toxins, if allowed to accumulate in the body, may combine to reach a tipping point - a point where they create irritation and inflammation, affecting many body systems and preventing them from functioning properly. And, if our systems are out of whack, then we are certainly more susceptible to sickness, illness and disease.
So, let's back up ... back before the tipping point. To support overall wellness, there is a pure and simple, self-care therapy we can easily perform to help facilitate and boost our body's natural detoxification system - a detoxifying bath soak.
Here We Go ... Time for a little SELF CARE:
2. Pour approx 1 cup of Bath Soak under running hot water and fill the tub. Ideally, the water should be quite hot - hot enough to create a sustained, gentle sweat.
3. Immerse yourself up to the neck for 20-30 min. Relax and let the ingredients do their thing … but remember to breathe deeply & enjoy the aromatherapy benefits of the chosen blend.
4. Remember to avoid using harsh soaps or shampoos during your detox soak, as your pores are open and can more easily absorb the chemicals found in those products, directly into your body.
5. Once you are done soaking, rise out of the tub very slowly and cautiously. You may feel a little dizzy and light-headed. *TIP - This effect can be minimized by drinking a large glass of lemon water while soaking.
6. Once dry you can apply a natural moisturizer like Purple Essentials Mango Body Balm or Whipped Body Crème, being careful to avoid lotions with perfumes, dyes or chemicals.
7. Do not eat immediately before or after taking a detox bath. (You want your energy stores to go towards detoxing not digesting)
8. Allow time after your bath to rest and rejuvenate. The recommended follow up to a Purple Essentials Bath Soak is going straight to bed - allow your body to enter its nightly "rest & repair phase". Relaxation and sleep will ease your detox effects.
Detox+ = cleanse your body & flush your system
Dream+ = cleanse your body & rest your mind
Immune+ = cleanse your body & boost your systems
Muscle+ = cleanse your body & ease your aches